Borderlands 2 Arguments

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Hi,

I just came across this nifty little tool over the weekend - coincidentally at the time my previous solution for Borderlands 2 Splitscreen had just failed me (using Sandboxie to launch a second copy of Borderlands 2).

Your solution worked out-of-the-box, but I notice in your code you change the config file to set the resolution and edit the window directly to move position. The previous method I was using is based on a thread on the borderlands forum and manages quite a bit on the commandline.

Basically, you can sidestep some of the system setting magic by passing the following arguments (in startInfo.Arguments)
-WindowedFullScreen
-WindowPosX=?
-WindowPosY=?
-ResX=?
-ResY=?
(If you use these, you don't need to take titleHeight into consideration)

The changes are pretty small, but it means that all the windows open up in the correct places on boot up (handy for 4 player).
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Sorry I didn't see your post before! Codeplex didn't notify me by email, so I didn't notice it...
Thanks for the heads up, I 'll take a look on that :)
Feb 10, 2014 at 8:26 PM
That's no problem. I've found your utility extremely handy, so just wanted to feedback.

Previously I was using a combination of sandboxie and batch files, but it meant all sorts of other issues to worry about (running two steam instances is fine, but one of them has to be kicked offline, and updates to the game then cause problems, etc.).