Would it be possible to make CoD: World at War splitscreen?

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:07 AM
I've been trying to do so using AutoHotKey, Sandboxie, and Widescreen Fixer. This is how it's supposed to work:

• Sandboxie allows 2 instances of WaW to be opened.
• Widescreen Fixer sets each instance of the game's rendering resolution to 1920x560 (the size stays the same, so the image looks stretched).
• AutoHotKey resizes each window, making each take up a half of the screen and fixing the aspect ratio so that the image isn't stretched (this messes up the main menu and the HUD a bit, but it's fine in-game).

I can get the two windows open and looking like actual splitscreen, but the problem comes when I try to control each game individually. With AutoHotKey, I can send inputs to specific windows, but this doesn't work for analogue sticks, triggers, or mouse movement. Xpadder would work, but movement and looking would be stuck along two axes, which isn't acceptable for an FPS.

I'm guessing that the creator of this tool has solved this issue, but I can't make sense of the source code. My question is this: How do you send input from an Xbox controller to a specific window?

Also, it would be awesome if WaW could be added to the tool (since Custom Zombies is great). I know that this sort of thing takes a lot of work and time, so I don't mean to pester.
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2015 at 3:15 AM
It is possible. I'll be downloading it and messing around. On my list :D
Jan 21, 2015 at 9:17 AM
Hey, I tried the same method to get call of duty black ops 1 zombies to work. I managed to get it to look like split screen, and get separate input for both games using controllers and Xpadder, but as said, the movement sucks with Xpadder and makes the game unplayable. I also tried setting it up using a software called keyclone, this allows me to press a key once and it runs in both versions of the game (its how Xpadder worked, by binding separate keyboard buttons to the 2 different controllers). I tried using a mouse and keyboard for one game, and the other to use the built in gamepad controls. However, it seems to require me to have the gamepad version of the game as the active window (one that was last selected), and then I can control almost all of the game on both versions, except the mouse and keyboard one.... The mouse data is not being passed to it, meaning I cant rotate or shoot. Also, the mouse seemed to allow me to move the camera on the gamepad version of the game.

Wondering if there was an easy way to fix this? And I would love to see the ability to play black ops 1 zombies local coop added to the list, brings (in my opinion) all of the best nazi zombie maps in one place.
Coordinator
Feb 2, 2015 at 7:24 PM
I actually don't own Black Ops 1, I'm thinking of getting it on G2A to test it out.