Windows 8 size problems - Try this!

Dec 22, 2014 at 6:32 PM
If you are using Windows 8 and OS size scaling, splitplaypc will probably not display windows of the expected size.

Check for yourself. Right-click the desktop and choose Personalize. Click Display. Check how Change the size of all items is set. Mine was on 150% so I can operate my computer on my TV from across the room.

For me, split screen was sized all wrong, and in multi-display mode, the second monitor was displaying a smaller window than it should. System-wide scaling in Windows 8 is AWESOME but it also leads to a lot of unpredictable bugs in other software. It took me several hours of searching to find a post bringing it up as a possible issue.
Dec 22, 2014 at 6:37 PM
I just want to add two things.

1) I was having trouble with the mouse and keyboard taking focus from display 1 which was being controlled by a controller. It was also bringing up the taskbar sometimes. I haven't been able to test, yet, whether this was due to the Windows 8 system scaling.

2) In multi-display I have a 1080p HD screen and a 1680x1050 display. Unfortunately, the first launches at the correct resolution while the other as 640x480. I haven't figured out why and I don't know where splitplaypc stores configuration files, if that's how it works. I do know that change the resolution in game is not advised because it changes the display's XY positioning.
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2015 at 3:13 AM
That's a very specific scenario I had not though about. My app is not ready for correct DPI-scaling, it's on my check list of things to fix. Thanks!