This project is read-only.

LAN Connection timeout

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Edited Dec 24, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Hello,
Firstly got to say great job. I don't understand how you can figure something out like this. Thanks!

I have an issue where I can get everything working, both players split screen, but I every time I try to get P2 to connect to P1 LAN it just times out. I tired connecting P2 to P2's game with no luck. I have tried putting P1 in game and not in the lobby screen, and then adding P2 just like you did in your video on YouTube; still no luck.

I am on Window 8.1 and using 2 XB controllers and am using version 1.4.2

Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

Thank in advance :)

EDIT: Sorry this is for Borderlands: TPS
Jan 17, 2015 at 4:12 AM
Plenty of people have this issue, and as I understand it it's a router problem. I'm not an expert on LAN, but I'd figure your router is blocking Borderlands TPS from connecting locally.
I'll be releasing a generic tutorial on how to fix that soon enough, but for now you can try maybe forwarding Borderlands ports (6500, 7777-7787, 27900-29900), maybe that wil lhelp, I'm not sure, or even changing the router.
Jan 20, 2015 at 11:45 PM
Thank you for getting back to me.

I refunded my copy on steam, I only bought it to play local co-op. But if I should ever pick it up again I will try this out.

I have a Netgear R6300v2 and it does seem to cause me a lot of issues. My PS4 is stuck in NAT Type 3 and no matter what setting I change nothing works.

Thank again for your help.