This project is read-only.

Some possible games to add to Split-Play

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:29 AM
Edited Feb 12, 2015 at 12:35 AM
  • Battlefront 2 (No idea on how well this could work other than "consoles had it so can't be too hard" even though it probably is just as hard..)
  • FEAR 3 (I was able to play split-screen this with a friend for 5 minutes using steam family share after relaunching another window in sandboxie, the only thing stopping it seems to be the timer steam has put in)
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 (there is a method I saw a while back that you could incorporate into it to streamline similar to how I think you've done it with one of the games SplitPlay currently supports)
  • Either splinter-cell chaos theory/conviction/Blacklist ("cuz consoles did it")..
These are just some games that seemed somewhat plausible that people would be interested in. A single one of these being incorporated would be amazing.
Feb 7, 2015 at 8:32 PM
I'd like to see these games, which can run multiple instances, I tried and both instances can connect but obviously, the input for the second player is the problem:
  • Serious Sam 2
  • Doom 3 with OpenCoop / Last Man Standing (adding a shortcut's target +win_allowMultipleInstances) (there is already a Splitscreen mod for 2 players, but it's buggy and I don't know if it's still being worked on)
  • Brutal Doom (Zandronum can run multiple instances, create a game with DoomSeeker)
  • Quake (DarkPlaces and QuakeSpasm can run multiple instances)
I haven't tested these, but anyway:
Feb 8, 2015 at 8:07 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2015 at 8:09 PM
Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare on PS4 and Xbox One (but no on PC) has very limited split-screen options - simplified version of Garden Ops for two players probably.
Feb 11, 2015 at 7:23 PM
Edited Feb 15, 2015 at 6:10 PM
What I'd like to see:
-Garry's mod
-Killing floor
-Painkiller: Black Edition
-Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2005/Carbon
Feb 11, 2015 at 9:34 PM
Crashday is an awesome racing/crashing/stunt game and it would be a perfect 4p splitscreen game and runs on older machines.
Nobody plays it online anymore but It would be a fantastic local game.
It supports Lan and I think you could get it running without many configurations.
It's not available on steam anymore but still it needs to be revived for local play.

Also CS Go would be great but if I could only choose one than it would be Crashday.
Feb 25, 2015 at 4:52 PM
It would be great to see payday 2 and Saints 4
Mar 1, 2015 at 9:38 AM
Yeah Payday 2 would be great.