This project is read-only.

My personal review thread!

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:22 PM
Edited Jan 19, 2015 at 6:47 PM
Tested this on Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit (with newest updates)
i7 2600k 4,2ghz oc
8gb ram
Gigabyte G1 970
2 DS3 (which are with Better DS3 2 Xbox 360 Pads)
1 TV (1920x1080 HDMI), one monitor (1680x1050 DVI) and one smaller monitor (1280x1020 DVI)
Normally, I only keep the tv on and use that to play.

Games tested:
Left 4 dead 2 (German cut edition)
Left 4 dead 2 (modified steam ID uncut)
(more info: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4D2_Uncut_AppID_510)
Borderlands 2 (Complete edition)

Left 4 dead 2:
Configured and started the game for 3 player (On one 1080p HDMI tv, P1 up horizontal, P2 horizontal left, P3 horizontal 3 horizontal right) and the game starts, P1 one get's in the game but it is in the middle of the screen instead being up.
P2 and P3 screens starts but are all in the middle and try to connect but it loads and loads and doesn't connect.
After a while, it's in the menu and tells me that it can't connect to VAC servers because of a launch option (don't know exactly what it was, I will find it out).
I can manually join the game but it's still all in the middle and It's impossible to play.
I also can't switch between the screens (at least it's hard) and I have to force quit.
It could be because it's the German version but I can't test that.
Also I changed the games appID (to play it uncut) and it doesn't make a difference).

Result:
Left 4 dead 2 (German) is not playable.

Borderlands two with the same configuration does work way better.
I can launch the game, the screens are correctly set up and besides of some trouble with mouse and keyboard stuff (I didn't tested this enough to tell what it was wrong exactly) it was a good experience.
I tried to start on all accounts a new game (which takes a long time because the intro is not skippable with keys) and it crashed after the intro video of the game for P2 and P3
P1 didn't crash and I could without problems for a few minutes

Result:
Borderlands 2 kinda works.

Games I wish would be added:
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (splitscreen fun like on console but better)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (e.g. 4p survival mode would be cool on one pc)
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Counter-strike Go

I really love the idea of this program and would like to help as much as I can.
Please keep up the good work!

If you have any tips and tricks how I could improve or fix the problems I would be glad if you would leave a comment bellow!
Jan 17, 2015 at 4:08 AM
So, first thing, I just updated L4D2. I haad some screw ups. If you could test it again and tell me if it works, I'll sure help on making it work :D
Jan 19, 2015 at 6:34 PM
Edited Jan 19, 2015 at 6:40 PM
It crashes when I try to start Left 4 dead 2 with the newest version.
I set up all player, select the games and when I press start I get a dialog box with this content:

http://pastebin.com/V4c4vSRQ
Oct 20, 2015 at 1:46 AM
I also would like to know if Call of Duty Black Ops 1 / 2 will be supportet in near future? this woukd be so nice :))
Thanks for this Great Tool, Me and my Friend are so happy to play LFD2 with 4 Player on one Screen.

Keep up the good work ;)